Event 3: Final Review/Study Guide – 5/24

1. I attended the final review and signed out at the end of the session.
2. Study Guide:        
On May 24th, I attended a review session for the DESMA (Design Media Arts) 9 course, an Art|Sci course that helped me create this blog revolving around the intersection of art, science, and technology. With only two weeks left in the Spring Quarter at UCLA, it was crucial for me to attend this two-hour, PowerPoint-based review at the Broad Arts building. It was led by Professor Victoria Vesna, as well as all of the teaching assistants who guided the students through this course. Following this review, I have created the following study guide to help me successfully complete this course. Most importantly, the study guide contains deadlines for the final project and blog summary assignments, as well as some guidelines and advice.

Caption: The slide outlining important deadlines for DESMA 9, from the final review’s PowerPoint lecture.
            The quiz and blog summary assignments are due this Friday, on June 9th. The quiz is similar to the midterm quiz, where Professor Vesna provides a brief video explaining what concepts will be tested within the 20 multiple-choice questions. Every time I made a blog post, I took notes on the lecture videos and resources for better understanding. Before taking the quiz, I will listen to the professor’s summary video and then review my notes. The quiz should not take more than an hour to prepare for, since I have the blog summary assignment.
            The blog summary, as explained by the PowerPoint slides during the final review, is a combination of all of the blogs into one 300-500 summary. Instead of a personal reflection on the class, I am required to write about how the class taught me about the synergistic relationship between art, science and technology. Because of multiple deadlines from other courses this week, my plan is to complete all of my other assignments first, and then focus on this blog summary starting Friday.
            The final project, as opposed to the blog summary, cannot be completed in a day. This comprehensive essay is due June 11th, shortly after the first two graded works. Therefore, my plan is to conduct online research throughout the week, and then write my final essay during the weekend. This is also procrastinating, but my other courses are extremely demanding this week (and I have a final exam on Monday, June 12th!). Regarding the topic, I am particularly interested in the relationship between art and nanotechnology. The final review really helped me understand the difference between references and the bibliography!
            Last, but not least, my plan for success is to carve out time for this project. The final project is my opportunity to dig into a topic that I am passionate about, so I will take some time each day to do a little research. This way, I will enjoy writing the essay more and produce a creative project for the DESMA 9 course!

Caption: The last slide of the PowerPoint. The final review slightly stressed me out, but I really appreciate the guidelines and tips presented by the professor and teaching assistants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event 2: Mnemoawari – by Elí Joteva

Event 1: “Welcome to My Woods”, with Linda Weintraub